Securing Vista by Setting the USB drives to Read-Only. By disabling writing on USB drives it gives an added measure of security from unwanted copying of files.

Common Security measure that is implemented Corporate Computers and or Public Computers, but basically I use this hack to annoy anyone who uses my laptop without my permission. Of Course, I had set my laptop to have multiple users and of course my own user account that has Administrator rights.. and all other have standard User accounts.

Ok, Enough with the chit-chat it’s time to work :

To Disable
Click on the Start Orb -> then Click Run to go the Run Dialog box
On the Run Dialog Box -> type Regedit
On Regedit navigate to this location :
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\StorageDevicePolicies
On the Right hand side look for the value “WriteProtect” it has a DWORD value of 0×00000000(0)
Change the DWORD value to 0×00000000(1) to disable
Exit Regedit
Reboot your Computer.

And You’re all set.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Web Site Visitors Counter

Projects...

Followers

Blog Archive